When I was a very young girl, 6 or 7 years old, my best friend and I would search the local fields for raspberries to pick. We would bring home bowls and bowls. Along with the raspberries came a huge poison ivy rash, so much so that I was hospitalized. It covered every inch of me. But, gee, we had fun picking and eating those raspberries…….
In later years, my Mom planted some in the corner of our backyard, and we would pick them daily.
One of the best things about summer, plump fresh raspberries…..